Grat·i·tude - /ˈɡradəˌt(y)o͞ od / noun
- The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
As I reflect on the last 15 months I found that I slipped back into old habits of constant worrying. I complained, expressed discontent, and was negative.
In reality I honestly had nothing to complain, or worry, about. All my needs were met. My husband and I both had jobs, were healthy and, in the beginning of 2020, I was on the biggest fitness transformation of my life.
I took a step back and reminded myself:
- We rent a nice house in a very nice area.
- We both work.
- We have food on the table and money in a savings account.
- We own cars.
In that moment I slapped myself back to reality.
During the pandemic many people lost their jobs, couldn’t put food on the table, had no money in a savings account, and lost loved ones.
Dr. Dave’s tells the story of his nephew’s battle with cancer in Oola: Find Balance in an Unbalanced World. The chapter is titled: Gratitude.
In the Oola Lifestyle Framework Gratitude is an accelerator that helps get you to your best life; your Oola life.
I decided to get basic with Gratitude.
No matter what was going on I started each day by making a list of things I was grateful for.
Some days it was as basic as:
- I am grateful we have somewhere to live and food on our table.
- I am grateful I don’t live by myself.
- I am grateful I have a network of friends that support me.
Learn to pronounce gratitude.
It is an easy task to stop yourself in your track, get quiet and ask yourself:
What can I be grateful for today?
Be in gratitude. Keep it simple. It doesn’t have to be complicated.
Be grateful, have faith and go get your Oola Life.